WandaVision’s premiere episodes were filled with so many Easter eggs and nods to classic TV, there are too many to count! We have made a list of a few of our favorites that jumped out to us while watching the show.
Marvel Easter Eggs
- The Stark Industries Toaster in episode 1’s commercial cutaway.
- A Hydra logo on the watch in episode 2’s commercial cutaway.
- Maison du Mépris Wine bottle – This translates to “House of Misery” and may represent House of M, a Scarlett Witch comic storyline about Wanda having a mental breakdown.
- The SWORD logo on the helicopter and beekeeper suit.
- Neighbor Agnes may turn out to be Wanda’s mentor Agatha Harkness or Auntie A.
- Imagery of Vision’s Mind Stone on the magic box.
Non-Marvel Easter Eggs
- Dick Van Dyke Show & Bewitched house sets as inspiration.
- Episode 2 featured a bunny which could be a call out for Buffy fans who know Emma Caulfield (Wanda’s Housewife leader, Dottie) best as bunny-hating ex-demon Anya.
- The moments of color in the black and white world references the style of 1999’s Pleasantville. This film was about two present-day teens getting pulled into a 50s black & white TV show, only to influence it through modernizing the culture and transforming the town into color.
- Wanda and Vision sleeping in separate beds is a nod to early TV which was legally only able to show couples in separate beds.
- Many of the special effects were created the same way effects were created in the 1950s and 1960s for TV. No CGI here – okay maybe a little.
What WandaVision Easter Eggs did you see in the episodes? Do you have any predictions for what will happen in WandaVision? Share in the comments!